Should you be able to attack or murder someone who breaks into your house?
Currently writing an essay for criminal law based on this question (in relation to Irish statutes). Pretty controversial I know. Any defenders of the castle doctrine amongst us?
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
attack yes, murder depending on the circumstance
(03-08-2018, 11:49 PM)Ascaris Wrote: attack yes, murder depending on the circumstance

Elaborate on the circumstances.

In my radical opinion I think one should be able to shoot first and ask questions later. Say sleeping upstairs is you, your wife, your three young children. You don't know what the intent of the person who breaks into your house is, why on earth would you wait for them to make the first move in order to find out?
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
I'm pretty sure you can lmao
Just one simple step, give Khaos all your rep!
I'm not asking if you can, I'm asking if you SHOULD.
Oh, well I mean if someone's breaking into my house and I don't know who they are, I'm definitely grabbing something to club them with
i think yes. if it were me though i would hold off on possibly killing the person until the absolute last resort.
(03-08-2018, 11:52 PM)Lord Wrote: why on earth would you wait for them to make the first move in order to find out?

you can make the first move, and you can incapacitate someone without murdering them
I would try to defend myself, but not with a gun. A knife most likely.
I mean if they have a gun, I'm getting gun by default, and probably going to shoot him in the leg
I would never have a gun in my house, statistically I would hurt myself or a family member by accident rather than an intruder.
(03-09-2018, 03:09 AM)Ascaris Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 11:52 PM)Lord Wrote: why on earth would you wait for them to make the first move in order to find out?

you can make the first move, and you can incapacitate someone without murdering them

What if you fail this first move and endanger yourself even more?
Rip