ear plugs
i find myself wearing them more and more, especially when here in NYC, there is a ton of noise pollution. if it's not the noise in the subway system, it's the constant construction and loud power tools being used in the city that can damage your hearing over time. my mother has tinnitus, and while i've never known anyone else that has it, i don't think i could tolerate hearing a high-frequency beeping sound all day as a result of not taking precautionary care for my ears.

what is your take on this, innmates? do you wear ear plugs at all throughout the day? have you noticed any hearing issues over time?

TELL ME EVERYTHING
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
I have tinnitus and it sucks.

I wear earplugs to movies and stuff, and I wish I could wear them to work when people decide to blast the speakers.
I don't wear earplugs because aside from listening to loud music, I don't find myself needing to wear them.

I should invest in a pair or two though
I've had congenital tinnitus my whole life. I don't know what true silence sounds like. In a way, it is my silence. Still, I usually need a fan running or some other white noise to sleep.
Cool
Oh same on the fan noise part but I don't have titanium.

~And other faggotry~
Recently learned that I can't hear anything above 8-9 khz so I probably should invest in these.
I probably got tinnitus when my parents took me to nascar races without hearing protection when I was a toddler and it was out of my control Sad I'm extremely sensitive to loud noises now.
Do you guys think noise sensitivity affects music taste a lot?

~And other faggotry~
(09-21-2016, 07:09 PM)ShineyRoxas Wrote: Do you guys think noise sensitivity affects music taste a lot?

Depends
I think it can definitely ruin enjoyment of live shows, which in turn would make you more averse to music with strong bass/drum dependency
Cool
I've had my right eardrum pop twice and the left one once and my hearing isn't super strong but it csan be selective. Like, I don't pick up slurred words well but I can do one on one conversations where I can narrow in on one voice. I can hear really minute things but again, it's really selective and depends highly on my focus.

~And other faggotry~