WHAT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST GENRE OF MUSIC
(08-03-2016, 07:47 AM)ShineyRoxas Wrote: I know you guys are a bunch of nerds because 90 percent of you are here from a Pokémon site but retro video game music sucks and without the nostalgia, it has no power so enjoy it in your free time all you want but don't defend it when compared to other genres.

Go be a nerd in private like a decent human being. It's not something to flaunt because you're Zoey Deschanel levels of quirky or different from the other girls because all your friends are male and you're not like other girls.

Obviously you haven't played a video game with good music, like Kirby Super Star
I'm not a retro video game music person although there are some that I really enjoy
wonderwall by oasis
dubstep
Darude - Sandstorm
Post dub-step. Vaporwave. Sea punk. Witch house.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
i love video game music, but i'd never play it out loud at a party or a gathering, because most people like commercial music—i.e. music with lyrics, and because some of the instrumentation is rather unusual. I usually have no issue playing orchestral arrangements out loud though, because it's a little less alienating when playing it around others. And TBH, some videogame dubstep remixes of some chiptunes are a lot better musically than the more contemporary shit I've heard.

That being said though, i have a preferred genre, and it usually falls into easy listening, r&b and general pop. i had a blues rock phase for a while, especially progressive blues when i was into jethro tull like crazy, but that's kind of over lol.
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
Electroswing
All of them
Maybe New Wave edges out Electroswing....
http://www.nootnoot.net/
[Image: Mg5etwa.jpg]

Google has spoken