Climate change and emissions reduction
There is general scientific and international consensus now that anthropogenic climate change is real, and is caused by carbon emissions (+methane and friends). What do you think are the best policy decisions for reducing emissions? Carbon tax? Cap and trade? Funding "green" projects? Do you think the US could implement a carbon tax in the next decade?
Cool
Nothing will get done until the fossil fuel companies stop lobbying.
So, neved
Cool
One day, our future generations will be able to go warp speed to the other side of the galaxy to find a new inhabitable planet to live on . . .
A common argument I hear is that Western countries shouldn't implement regulations until China does, as otherwise it's just a "drop in the bucket". Does this argument have merit?
Cool
(08-27-2013, 03:44 AM)horyule Wrote: Can you not post a thread that looks like it's a homework question

Add some fucking pizzazz
its already over

I was trying to watch Kirby's video but I couldn't stand the Hollywood "pan the camera to the left. And now pan the camera to the right. Oh, let's try left now to spice things up."

God I hate modern movies that do this, such ugly and bland camerawork. They try to make a conversation "more interesting" but it doesn't work because everyone does it. Ugh.
It looks like an RPG conversation
Cool
(07-29-2016, 03:29 AM)pichubro Wrote: I was trying to watch Kirby's video but I couldn't stand the Hollywood "pan the camera to the left. And now pan the camera to the right. Oh, let's try left now to spice things up."

God I hate modern movies that do this, such ugly and bland camerawork. They try to make a conversation "more interesting" but it doesn't work because everyone does it. Ugh.

Its not a movie, its the Newsroom, its shot like that on purpose to make satire of the modern media.

It's still annoying. Tongue And hard un-see once you notice everything doing it.

It's like how all movie trailers have rising strings and that's annoying too.
Is it better than the Onion?