Pokemon Go
Gotta agree with King and Ascaris, it looks not-that-great. Not that the trailers even did it any justice from the get-go. My expectations were never that high.

Still gunna play it doe
Discount Jontron
yeah the novelty wore off after a day. it has a shitton of potential but as of right now its a lot of grinding for very little reward. hope they do cooler things with the platform in the future.
in fairness it's free though so, its not like we got boned as per a lot of games.
They really need some kind of legit battling system
Cool
(07-10-2016, 07:24 PM)King Wrote: in fairness it's free though so, its not like we got boned as per a lot of games.

but that also sucks. because its f2p people who dont want to shell out inevitably get shafted. even if they end up adding awesome new features, they will make them frustratingly difficult for free players to get.
(07-10-2016, 07:33 PM)Ascaris Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 07:24 PM)King Wrote: in fairness it's free though so, its not like we got boned as per a lot of games.

but that also sucks. because its f2p people who dont want to shell out inevitably get shafted. even if they end up adding awesome new features, they will make them frustratingly difficult for free players to get.

The paid stuff isnt great. pokeballs you find virtually everywhere, incense you get every few levels. the other stuff doesnt seem great
I wish they would just incorporate the actual pokemon Meta into the app.

Hell I'd pay 20$ if they had done that and took another year.
Discount Jontron
yeah the battle system is poor
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's going to die out by winter.
I think the gimmick itself might be able to keep it alive for a long time. I mean look at stuff like Ingress.
Discount Jontron
(07-10-2016, 08:01 PM)Mondegreen Wrote: I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's going to die out by winter.

who are you?? LuisHuh
Quote:On Friday (8 July), a teenager in Wyoming was hunting for a Pokemon on a riverbank, but discovered a man’s corpse instead. Police have said the death “appears to be accidental” and the teenager, 19-year-old Shayla Wiggens, told CNN that she’ll continue to hunt for water Pokemon.

Two days later, on Sunday (10 July), robbers reportedly used Pokemon Go to lure victims to a remote area and rob them at gunpoint.

http://qz.com/728225/augmented-reality-g...d-robbers/

Pokemon Go has seemingly UNLEASHED a horde of nerds into the outdoors, what other strange occurrences will happen because of itHuh
Bro. This game is phenomenal. I've been going out with friends and seeing more people out in my community. I've been learning more and more about my city because I'm being forced to explore. Learning what team people are on and cooperating with strangers is fun as well.

The traveling around and stuff is pretty cool. I'm patiently waiting for the Pokemon Go+ (the watch). Which allows players to use the watch instead of having the App open all the time.

[Image: 13654369_10208975432479677_2053777662586...e=57F74FB6]
Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]
Damn dude, nice collection
Give me your toothpaste.
Discount Jontron
Give me your Big P

~And other faggotry~
I went out last night to hang out with friends, and all we did was walk around the town playing Pokémon. There were sooo many people out it was ridiculous.
I'm going to take a trip into the downtown to scope out the damage that Pokemon Go has wrought to the social landscape, and see if I can get some pokemon as well
(07-11-2016, 08:11 PM)omalliecatt Wrote: I went out last night to hang out with friends, and all we did was walk around the town playing Pokémon. There were sooo many people out it was ridiculous.

lol yeah a buddy of mine and i went walking around a park a few days ago to catch pokemon and literally every single person we passed by was playing it. i guess since we're in a college town everyone here falls into the target demographic, but still p ridiculous.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/121476...pokemon-go
i really like the pokestop system

1. the pokestops are actually interesting features/landmarks which makes it a useful tool for urban exploration - you not only get the rewards but you get to see cool shit in a particular neighborhood. this isnt applicable to much so my town (because its so small and ive been here for so long that i know everything) but exploring new places using pokemon go would probably be p sweet.
2. because pokestops tend to coalesce around a particular area, if you go to those places youll probably find tons of other people who are playing which means you can socialize (if thats your thing, weirdo) and, more importantly, leech off their lures and catch more pokemon
if they implement a full fledged battle system, that would be the killer app
if the servers stayed up that is
What starters did you guys pick/plan on picking?
you dont pick starters - you just catch em. i have a squirtle and charmander.