Black Lives Matter
Yes TeX maybe if the various American law enforcement bodies actually made even a basic attempt to either stop murdering unarmed and/or non dangerous young black men and\or an attempt to actually punish those who do instead of just letting them off then people wouldn't support BLM as much. I'm sorry some tweets made you so upset that you had to exaggerate about their number, that must be really hard. Damn those inconsiderate coons who are illigitimately angry at a system that continues to target and oppress them even 50/years on from King's marches.
(07-09-2016, 01:45 AM)Tex Wrote: Once again, what good has BLM done recently, aside from raise awareness of disgusting crimes against black victims

Isn't this the only thing they're supposed to do?
Cool
(07-09-2016, 05:52 AM)King Wrote: Yes TeX maybe if the various American law enforcement bodies actually made even a basic attempt to either stop murdering unarmed and/or non dangerous young black men and\or an attempt to actually punish those who do instead of just letting them off then people wouldn't support BLM as much. I'm sorry some tweets made you so upset that you had to exaggerate about their number, that must be really hard. Damn those inconsiderate coons who are illigitimately angry at a system that continues to target and oppress them even 50/years on from King's marches.

Let's take a look at the severity of the situation, something you clear aren't doing, because for the millionth fucking time, I'm seeing somebody blow this nonsense out of proportion, while erasing victims of other races. Not only white victims of police brutality either, but Asian/Hispanic victims as well. Did you know there are more than 2 races? Golly jee wilikers!

Right, so, here are the definitive, factual numbers of lethal police shootings in America for 2015:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-in...e-killings

No bias, no padding, nothing like that. Find another source if you'd like, but I'm fairly certain this is trustworthy.

Whites make up 50% of victims, Blacks make up about 33%, Hispanics make up about 22%, and others make up the final %'s. Based on population, blacks were more than twice as likely to have been shot by police than whites every other race.

Now take into account the murder trends in 2014-

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/cr...e_2014.xls

-where blacks are apparently offenders in more the 50% of homicides. Then we have the white offender data at around 45%. But this isn't realistically 45%, as the DOJ Lumps Hispanic Americans into that category and has yet to account for this in 2014.

Take a look at this article, where a reevaluation of the 2012/2013 DOJ crime statistics no longer lump Hispanics and whites together.

http://www.amren.com/news/2015/07/new-do...ent-crime/

Notice anything?

First of all, 82% of all violent crime that is perpetrated by white people is directed towards other white people.

Comparatively, about 40% of all violent crime that is perpetrated by black people is directed towards other black people.

Overall, Whites are responsible for about 42% of all violent crime, whereas black are responsible for about 22%.

From this, we can say that whites are involved in 'hate crimes' in 18% of all violent crime cases, as opposed to blacks being responsible in 60% of all cases, in the 2012-2013 period, anyways. I don't doubt that this carries through into 2014/2015, but if you can find some stats for these years, I'll gladly accept them as the better reference.

This makes up for the disparity in fatal police shootings in 2014, and in 2015 thus far, and debunks a lot of nonsense that BLM uses as its platform. It also straight up proves that black people are more often the perpetrators of hate crimes based on population.

So uh... What the hell? Where are all the cases of unarmed whites being shot on the news? Why does every single info-graphic about black deaths have to be so violently padded? Why is that that Americans care more about black victims than victims of every other race? It's definitely not the other way around despite all the propaganda being thrown about, I can tell you that much.

Sure, BLM wasn't really a bad movement when it started, and in some states, there is certainly a higher volume of racial discrimination, but the movement has gone much further than the events in Ferguson, far enough to imply that there is an 'epidemic' of racist cops in America, which there clearly isn't.
-

The facts cited above do not disprove the idea that there is racism in America, but I think it definitely proves that BLM is a useless movement in its entirety, not only because it's turned into a shitty hate movement, but because, from the start, it had been focusing on a very vapid issue.

I think that the issues with the American police force have more to do with mentality regarding power and authority, than it does with racism. It's more an issue of some cops just straight up having shitty judgement sometimes, or otherwise outright being horrible at their jobs.

Beyond that, any racism that is apparent (Which it fucking is) is systemic and cannot be cured, or even treated with movements like BLM.
Discount Jontron
This thread is directly about BLM, but now you want a wider discussion?
(07-09-2016, 06:52 PM)King Wrote: This thread is directly about BLM, but now you want a wider discussion?

[Image: e9Wjhv0.gif]
Discount Jontron
Jfc Tex. Maybe Black people tend to commit crimes against white people because they tend to live in a more impoverished setting? Maybe not every crime committed "between races" is a hate crime? Ffs, just look at your numbers, blacks have a much much higher percentage killed by police than any other race in America, but for some reason you insist on using the last relevant number sets.
Cool
(07-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Tex Wrote: Why is that that Americans care more about black victims than victims of every other race?

lol bro are you serious
(07-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Tex Wrote: First of all, 82% of all violent crime that is perpetrated by white people is directed towards other white people.

Comparatively, about 40% of all violent crime that is perpetrated by black people is directed towards other black people.

Overall, Whites are responsible for about 42% of all violent crime, whereas black are responsible for about 22%.

From this, we can say that whites are involved in 'hate crimes' in 18% of all violent crime cases, as opposed to blacks being responsible in 60% of all cases, in the 2012-2013 period, anyways.

what
(07-09-2016, 07:10 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: Jfc Tex. Maybe Black people tend to commit crimes against white people because they tend to live in a more impoverished setting? Maybe not every crime committed "between races" is a hate crime? Ffs, just look at your numbers, blacks have a much much higher percentage killed by police than any other race in America, but for some reason you insist on using the last relevant number sets.

I didn't say that wasn't true, and I'm not even going to try and say it isn't. It's definitely a factor, but it doesn't change the fact that black people are responsible for about HALF AS MUCH CRIME as white people, and by direct correlation, they are the victims of exactly HALF AS MANY LETHAL POLICE SHOOTINGS.

I'm not sure how you're not seeing the correlation.

BLM has done nothing to improve these impoverished settings, or seriously push for changes that can help the state of black culture in America.

My use of the term 'hate crime' was a little haphazard though, sorry. Most of the time, people infer that interracial crime is a 'hate crime' so I mistakenly took that narrative.

To reiterate:

Black people make up about HALF the amount of white victims when it comes to lethal police shootings.

Black people make up about HALF as much violent crime as white people do.

People question why blacks are shot proportionate to the amount of crime they commit, just like white people...?

Edit: People don't care about unarmed white victims of police brutality? They exist, just FYI.
Discount Jontron
(07-09-2016, 07:17 PM)Ascaris Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Tex Wrote: First of all, 82% of all violent crime that is perpetrated by white people is directed towards other white people.

From this, we can say that whites are involved in 'hate crimes' in 18% of all violent crime cases, as opposed to blacks being responsible in 60% of all cases, in the 2012-2013 period, anyways.

what

Math. Replace the term 'hate crime' with 'interracial crime'.

Quote:lol bro are you serious

It's certainly the vibe I'm getting from news stories. Then again, I'm not american, and I've yet to compare left to right.
Discount Jontron
Tex trying to pull a #AllLivesMatter

~And other faggotry~
Also, while your statistics are nice and fine, they completely ignore the fact that there are many unaccounted police brutality accounts.

If you're trying to get some anger or by targeting your least favorite race of person, who is there to stop you from using your power? You could always go back if anything serious happens like death and write that it was in a gang fight. After all, we trust the judgement of our police, right?

Even if your statistics are 100 correct, we're talking about people who already have it hard getting education, a job, respect, just from the bias of day to day. Not just one life, every black life for many years so while you want to make this about everyone, it isnt a movement catered towards everyone. They might not know what they're doing and the movement might be getting on the nerve of others but the cause is good and it is spreading awareness through social media.

~And other faggotry~
(07-09-2016, 05:40 PM)Tex Wrote: Beyond that, any racism that is apparent (Which it fucking is) is systemic and cannot be cured, or even treated with movements like BLM.

Also, I blatantly disagree with this. What is your proposed solution, policy change?
Cool
(07-09-2016, 07:45 PM)ShineyRoxas Wrote: Also, while your statistics are nice and fine, they completely ignore the fact that there are many unaccounted police brutality accounts.

If you're trying to get some anger or by targeting your least favorite race of person, who is there to stop you from using your power? You could always go back if anything serious happens like death and write that it was in a gang fight. After all, we trust the judgement of our police, right?

Even if your statistics are 100 correct, we're talking about people who already have it hard getting education, a job, respect, just from the bias of day to day. Not just one life, every black life for many years so while you want to make this about everyone, it isnt a movement catered towards everyone. They might not know what they're doing and the movement might be getting on the nerve of others but the cause is good and it is spreading awareness through social media.

Unfortunately, there's no way to accurately paint a picture of police brutality in America. There are many unaccounted police brutality counts, but who's to say that these events don't equalize the playing field? Or show black people as targeted 10x more than whites? Or vice versa? I'm just going based off of what we know for sure.

There's definitely still racial discrimination in America, that much is true, and spreading awareness of it is not a bad idea by any means. But I'm not sure that BLM does this, and I'm not sure that any positive impact it has by doing so outweighs the negative impact it has. I could certainly support a movement that advocated peacefully for black issues and spoke out against its toxic members on a regular basis, but they don't do that. Not in my opinion, anyways.

Quote:Also, I blatantly disagree with this. What is your proposed solution, policy change?

My proposed solution would be a shift in culture, as it is true that there is a racial bias towards black people in America en mass. As mentioned above, a movement that pushes for awareness and change, while acknowledging and dismissing toxic members that spread hatred, is probably something that would actually be a huge impact if it had enough steam behind it.

Something akin to the days of MLK.
Discount Jontron
(07-09-2016, 07:49 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: Also, I blatantly disagree with this. What is your proposed solution, policy change?

they arent mutually exclusive
(07-09-2016, 07:05 PM)Tex Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:52 PM)King Wrote: This thread is directly about BLM, but now you want a wider discussion?

Well which is it Tex, do you want to discuss BLM or America's police brutality problem en masse?
(07-09-2016, 08:15 PM)King Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 07:05 PM)Tex Wrote:

Well which is it Tex, do you want to discuss BLM or America's police brutality problem en masse?

Isn't BLM's biggest issue police brutality against black people..? Shouldn't a discussion on this automatically include general police brutality..?
Discount Jontron
(07-09-2016, 07:55 PM)Tex Wrote:
Quote:Also, I blatantly disagree with this. What is your proposed solution, policy change?

My proposed solution would be a shift in culture, as it is true that there is a racial bias towards black people in America en mass. As mentioned above, a movement that pushes for awareness and change, while acknowledging and dismissing toxic members that spread hatred, is probably something that would actually be a huge impact if it had enough steam behind it.

Something akin to the days of MLK.

But that's the thing. MLK Jr.'s movement wasn't some unified front either. It mixed and melded with Vietnam protestors, college students, and, yes, the LGBT community. People look back at the March on Washington as some kind of ideal of civil protest, forgetting that, at the time, the civil rights movement had the same criticisms flung at it as BLM does today.
Cool
(07-09-2016, 07:55 PM)Ascaris Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 07:49 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: Also, I blatantly disagree with this. What is your proposed solution, policy change?

they arent mutually exclusive

Policy change requires a large-scale social movement (or a LOT of corporate backing). They are mutually dependent.
Cool
.....that is exactly what i said
Yes, I'm glad we agree
Cool
............................so why are you using a false dichotomy against tex
what are your specific proposals to improve the situation of american blacks in general solly? my own would be completely economic in nature and have nothing to do with race qua race, though from what you've said on the matter before i assume you would feel differently.
idc actually this thread has become too ridiculous for me to partake in
(07-09-2016, 08:29 PM)Ascaris Wrote: ............................so why are you using a false dichotomy against tex

I'm not, I'm using the fucking socratic method goddamnit get out of here ascaris
Cool