Legalization of Cannabis
The Givernment of Canada is currently soliciting public feedback regarding their planned legalization of cannabis. I get the feeling most of us here are pro-legalization, but many people differ on what that exactly means. So, what should I tell my government, HBInn?
Cool
"Legalize it"
As my friends often say:

"LE-GA-LYZZZEEE"
Discount Jontron
I honestly have never heard a good argument against legalisation
(07-04-2016, 02:23 AM)omalliecatt Wrote: I honestly have never heard a good argument against legalisation

there is no reliable way to way to measure how high you are - theres no cannabis analogue to blood alcohol content, and even the amount of weed you've consumed has wildly varying effects in how high you get. if you make marijuana legal then you open up a slew of thorny legal circumstances. how do you prosecute people who are baked from driving, or operating heavy machinery, or performing surgery if you cant tell how baked they are? how do you prevent innocent people who consumed marijuana recently from getting into trouble, even if they presumably had full control of their faculties at the time of arrest?
(07-04-2016, 02:35 AM)Ascaris Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 02:23 AM)omalliecatt Wrote: I honestly have never heard a good argument against legalisation

there is no reliable way to way to measure how high you are - theres no cannabis analogue to blood alcohol content, and even the amount of weed you've consumed has wildly varying effects in how high you get. if you make marijuana legal then you open up a slew of thorny legal circumstances. how do you prosecute people who are baked from driving, or operating heavy machinery, or performing surgery if you cant tell how baked they are? how do you prevent innocent people who consumed marijuana recently from getting into trouble, even if they presumably had full control of their faculties at the time of arrest?

It's very simple, you make it legal for consumption in your own home/a friend's home. You do not allow anyone who has smoked weed within a set time period to drive, if they do, treat it the same as drink driving.
(07-04-2016, 02:35 AM)Ascaris Wrote:

Couldn't the same thing said about fatigue which is also really dangerous for doing all of those things?
Well, yeah but fatigue can be caused by too many sources. That just falls under personal judgement calls because you really can't be fined for making the choice to overwork yourself, having insomnia or if a fever hits mid-drive. While you are responsible, getting fatigue can fall under someone's right to making their own life choices, having a medical emergency or an unexpected side effect. It's a completely different subject.

Weed should be legalized imo. It's safer for consumption/to buy, can be regulated and will likely not be a big deal as has been seen in other parts of the world that have legalized it. While it can have drawbacks because Canadians (like Americans) are dumb, it's best to blaze it legally #420 #swag #yolo #cashmoney

~And other faggotry~
Weed kills thousands every year, it is a gateway drug, et cetera
My state is hosting a prop for the legalization of it this year. Voted yes because why not.
In the last year I've done a complete one eighty with my views on weed and believe it should be illegal. I have many points to back this viewpoint up, some of which I may post in the near future.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
lol wat
I used to be very pro-weed, now I'm the exact opposite. If I get time I'll write up why.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
ll wt
He supports justice Ascaris
Cool
lord is just a giant fag, that's all the happened

The tobacco lobby has been accused of lobbying against legalization
Cool
How profitable has weed been in states like Colorado and Oregon since its legalization?
http://time.com/4462831/oregon-marijuana...x-revenue/