Civilization 5
When we playing this? Does everyone have Brave New World?
Cool
I HAVE THIS

I'M BAD BUT

WE SHOULD STILL MAKE A HUGE GAME WITH LIKE TWENTY PEOPLE

I KNOW YOSHIO HAS IT
Discount Jontron
I'm willing to WATCH via steam's terrible broadcasting program
I can play, but I'd be lying if I would be willing to play online with anyone I didn't know in person, the game is way too fucking long.

I have BNW.
we should have a skype civ session, so we can violently cuss out people who take too long in real time
I should probably get this game then if I want to join in on the fun
steam sale going on right now. grab it for cheap while you can.
Make sure you get complete edition!
Cool
Yea the new additions are insane.
Discount Jontron
yeah both diplomacy and culture before bnw are p bad. religion/spies i dont care for that much though.
Religion is pretty situational, but if you manage it right you can get good happiness/money bonuses. Once they rank up, spies get pretty good at stealing techs; at rank 3 they can get 85% chance of coup success in city-states, which is amazing to abuse.
Cool
(07-01-2016, 06:01 AM)Ascaris Wrote: steam sale going on right now. grab it for cheap while you can.
(07-01-2016, 06:05 AM)Slam Ander Wrote: Make sure you get complete edition!
(07-01-2016, 06:08 AM)Tex Wrote: Yea the new additions are insane.

I'll look into it in the morning
(07-01-2016, 06:17 AM)Slam Ander Wrote: Religion is pretty situational, but if you manage it right you can get good happiness/money bonuses.

I thought you were giving actual advice on religion until I remembered this was a Civ thread   Sick
If we play I'd probably have to fucking re-learn everything about that fucking game. Those matches can go on for like 3+ hours even at the fastest pace, assuming people don't rush for a domination victory.
Discount Jontron
I've been playing with the cultural victory as of late, and its doable, you just have to focus on it like crazy, its no different than winning a science victory early.

i am willing to watch you all succumb to my civilisation's culture and wear my blue jeans, yes
I'd definitely be up for this
Popular game, huh? I might give it a try, but I'll probably want to watch you LOSERS first
Ok, coordinating a game with everyone in this thread and playing it even to the medieval era would be a nightmare, but perhaps we can figure out some times where some of us can play. What is everyone doing tonight?
Cool
I'm going out with the girl tonight, and gone all weekend, so I'll be out if ya'll play.
Discount Jontron
dont think ill be free tonight
I'm gonna be driving to LaGuardia to pick my sister up so tonight is a no go for me.
I'm free but I still have to buy the game
(07-01-2016, 06:17 AM)Slam Ander Wrote: Religion is pretty situational

I have to disagree, in nearly every game I have played religioun plays a pretty strong role, if I am going for a specific victory, like culture, and even not, if I want an expansive empire, a strong religious gives you early game and continuing extra happiness, and even in games where I had no specific play style in mind, you can get a religious which increases your gold output, which is pretty fantastic as markets and such only come later game.