ideas for usertitles/ranking/pip system
(06-26-2016, 07:48 PM)leo33wii Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 06:32 PM)Kirby Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 06:31 PM)Ascaris Wrote: I personally would be very ok with the prospect of never interacting with pants again.

Idk, people change, you know how much I have changed for example. People mellow out as they get older.

(06-26-2016, 07:45 PM)Faltzer Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 06:22 AM)Celery Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 04:53 AM)Dan Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 12:51 AM)Kirby Wrote: also, add some Pokemon bee sprites for sure

[Image: 013.png]
[Image: 014.png]
[Image: 015.png]
[Image: 415.png]
[Image: 416.png]

This post is lacking the arguably best one of them all... [Image: Rreqd6g.png]

If we ever have cool icons for post count, that should probably be top tier

agreed.  i think these would make great pips.

There should be some system where your post count correlates to these Pokemon. Like a bunch of weedles or Combees that eventually evolve to Vespiquen or Mega-Beedrill

discuss. i'm really inclined towards getting rid of the generic mybb stars and usertitles, and i'm sure it's something that's been pending.
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
You could have a full evolutionary line of megabeedrill, although that only goes to 4
Cool
I think it should go something like this

[Image: WYdmLMG.png] ~ 0 posts
[Image: 013.png]~ 1-49 posts
[Image: 014.png]~ 50-199 posts
[Image: 015.png]or [Image: 415.png]~ 200-4,999 posts
[Image: Rreqd6g.png] or [Image: 416.png] ~ 5000 posts and up

If we are able to let them choose their current pip from previously unlocked ones (If someone with 200 posts wanted to go back to having a weedle, for example) we could certainly make a system where Beedrill/Combee and Mega Beedrill/Vespiqueen are in the same echelon and the user can choose which one they want.  If not, it's fine, we can just make it linear

We have members with very wide range in posts, from newcomers to people in the five digits like God and Kirby, so I am not exactly sure what the range should be for upgrading to different pips
also id ideally want a pip system that looks good on all the themes. idk about everyone else im definitely gonna be switching between them a lot.
made some updates to the pd skin. seems to be pretty much done apart from the banner/buttons.
Would it be possible to have different pips for each theme?
you cant do it the way the system is right now but we could probably hack it in
that would just be more effort though, in terms of number of pips made and technical difficulty
making a pip system that matches all themes sound really difficult (but a fun challenge). But I think he Bee theme is a good idea.