vglag theme
oops, accidentally deleted the thread deleting my posts. sorry about that D:

summary though:

~celery, you are the fucking man.
~celery, if you're going to do the logo, can you make the scanline looping image about the same height as well for it?
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
yeah, I've noticed lol
~Thanks Faltz, I do it all for you guys!
~Absolutely, but first I want to do the PD logo, since I have neglected to do that. It should be done by tonight!
sure thing man, take your time.
Sounds like you're having fun Cel!!
I think it's because of the good responses you're getting. Bing wrong with that; especially since it IS great work that you're doing
Thanks man, but to be honest, the coders and compilers like Kirby, Faltzer, and Dan are doing a most of the heavy lifting. I am extremely ignorant when it comes to coding, and no matter how hard I try to learn it's just not something I can get.

I am extremely happy that we are getting a ton of great themes already, though! The forum's been open for only about a week now and we have a huge selection of great themes. Things are definitely looking good Big Grin
graphics and whatnot are an entirely different branch, so you're definitely pulling your weight as well happy
I'm REALLY good at getting distracted.

Upon trying to find the original VGLan pips, I found a page that was saved with a different version of the banner.
[Image: gv0HwW0.png]

Is this the one I should remake, or the one you sent me earlier, Faltzer?
i thought that WAS the banner

is there a different one i dont know about
idk how you were planning on doing it or difficult it is, but if you could just change the 'vgl', 'video game lan' to 'hbi', 'honey bee inn' that would be super subtle and perfect
it might be difficult because of the joystick but i am a gfx n00b so i have no idea
I could whip something up on photoshop. it looks like they took a generic controller icon and then masked the overlaps. and then they placed a new layer over the entire thing to get that shiny look
Don't worry, I have something in mind
also im making the vgl one the banner for now because i want the nostalgia to wash over me
(06-26-2016, 10:01 PM)leo33wii Wrote: I could whip something up on photoshop. it looks like they took a generic controller icon and then masked the overlaps. and then they placed a new layer over the entire thing to get that shiny look

Oh, you can take a crack at it!  I was planning on using a combee silhouette instead of the controller, for the OPTIMAL Honey Bee Inn look
I'm on my phone at the moment... but what are the dimensions again?
(06-26-2016, 10:02 PM)Celery Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 10:01 PM)leo33wii Wrote: I could whip something up on photoshop. it looks like they took a generic controller icon and then masked the overlaps. and then they placed a new layer over the entire thing to get that shiny look

Oh, you can take a crack at it!  I was planning on using a combee silhouette instead of the controller, for the OPTIMAL Honey Bee Inn look

i like that idea
Both HBInn and VGLan have a XXXxx format with the lettering, so it would work very nicely
but VGLan isnt in the logo...
celery, give me the link for the banner background again
i lost it when i deleted the original thread Sad
it's a call back, not an exact thing
[Image: iF2aaVE.png]
ugh. whoever is in charge of coding the css for mybb needs to calm the fuck down with all this redundancy. i won't be able to do what i intended with the logo without dicking up the rest of the layout.
lol tell me about it