Leo's Art Bazaar
This is the thread where I do artist stuff for people like you. 

I mostly aim for pokemon style work. But I need to expand my styles and go where ever. So, I'll be happy to make things for my fellow Beezies! ;]
[Image: it_pro_leopold_by_duo1-d8ek89z.png]
wow thats really good
Yeah, it looks legitimately official
it's no where close to be honest. I can tell. I still have too many complex designs. the official art is simply beautiful. how ken sugimori does it is beyond me. he simplifies everything but keeps it complex enough.
ohh i love your art it's very nice
I'm actually saving up for an iPad Pro and the Pencil. I'm in love with them and honestly, it's been the pieces of technology that I need in my creative life.
(06-25-2016, 11:44 PM)leo33wii Wrote: it's no where close to be honest. I can tell. I still have too many complex designs. the official art is simply beautiful. how ken sugimori does it is beyond me. he simplifies everything but keeps it complex enough.

I'd say it's actually very close. (Especially the arms and the head.) The one thing that I notice that's kind of off is his left shoe. (Our right)
I'd have to agree, it's quite spot-on for the most part
He looks great
I'd be very interested to see you tackle a pokemon. What you might be seeing (aside from "flaws" or such that a majority of artists see in their work) is the clothing and skin in terms of shading and palette. The clothing seem to be a bit more soft-shaded than the skin and hair, which kind of reminds me of the differences found in different time periods of the official art. The skin and hair more closely resembles newer art while the clothing looks more earlier gen. (I can't recall which exact gen)

Either way, I'd definitely say you can do it with some more practice and possibly with more convenient technology. It's very close as is.
(06-26-2016, 02:06 AM)Dan Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 11:44 PM)leo33wii Wrote: it's no where close to be honest. I can tell. I still have too many complex designs. the official art is simply beautiful. how ken sugimori does it is beyond me. he simplifies everything but keeps it complex enough.

I'd say it's actually very close. (Especially the arms and the head.) The one thing that I notice that's kind of off is his left shoe. (Our right)

it's a drawing of me as a pokemon trainer.
Damn Leo, that's great! happy I'm hoping I can reach your level, the people I end up drawing are all horrible, ugly monsters haha
I did this forever ago of Lucario. I think it was back in 2013 when i did both of these. Lucario I stayed with solid lines while the Squirtle I purposely made shitty line work to test something out.

[Image: lucario_aura_ball_by_duo1.jpg]
[Image: leo_s_squirtle_by_duo1-d14h6ie.jpg]
Squirtle as a military despot
Hand drawn stuff. Working on my Pokedex. I have 151 pokemon, Megas and other stuff.

[Image: 13506995_10208855549042666_1969331643754...e=5807BB28]
The pokemon look great, and your fakemon designs are awesome. I love that you have little details such as base stats listed.
I love the last one. It looks like a walrus made armor for themselves out of shells and moss.
It's my Manatee Pokemon. The region is based on Guatemala and the pokemon are based on the animals found there or near by (this design of manatee is based on the Amazon ones. That's why they have moss because the real ones do grow moss and other shit on their body.

Anyway, my region is called Novoh. And the story is about three factions actually going through a war with each other. It's based on leadership styles. One is lead by a Politician, she wants to rule the region with justified laws and standards. One is a soldier, who thinks you should do what you think is in the best interest of your people. And the last one is a Shaman, whose leadership is to reinforce rules created by the people.

Your character is from Hoenn and your family takes to Novoh because of how clean the air is. You start of as becoming the professors assistant. (this is where you create your character by filling out an application: eyes, height, weight, skin tone, etc).

The story begins when one of the factions starts damaging your town. You have a sibling who decides to get involved and runs off to fight. The professor, she requests that you and the other assistants go and capture the pokemon in the region. She's trying to preserve them (kinda like a Noah's Arc). She sends all her assistants due to better odds of having diversity. So these things push you to travel the Novoh region.

there are 16 Gym leaders and each of them are somehow involved/influenced by the war going on.

The region is separated at first. One version plays one half while the other version plays the other half. When going online or trading with someone of the opposite region, you unlock the other area.

After beating the elite four, you spend money to rebuild your home town. This is essential the battle frontier area. It would work similar to Join Avenue in Black2 White2. So everyone's hometown will be different. And you can visit each others town.
apparently I don't know the difference between a manatee and a walrus X)
Are the gym leaders exclusive to version you play too? Like 8 on one version, and the additional 8 others when you unlock the opposite region?
I'm surprised you haven't taken your hand in ROMhacking, Leo
(06-26-2016, 03:53 AM)Dan Wrote: Are the gym leaders exclusive to version you play too? Like 8 on one version, and the additional 8 others when you unlock the opposite region?

initially sorta yes. you'll be able to speak with them, but wont offer to battle until after the elite 4. then all gym leaders would be available to rematching and etc.

Also, gym leaders you beat would reward your pokemon with ribbons. These ribbons would boost base stats outside of EV and IV training. However, a pokemon can only receive a ribbon once from a gym leader. If you rematched the gym leader with a new team except for one, than all the other pokemon on your team receive that ribbon.

Your pokemon can only have 8 of the 16 Gym leader ribbons. Don't worry, they can be removed. So customization is an option.
So this is a drawing of a buddy of mine who was in the marines and got out. He asked me to draw him.
this time around i decided to use the pen tool in photoshop and mess around with the brushes to make a water color effect on the shading. I think it came out well. 

[Image: 13508864_10208857015199319_3405916172246...e=58087DE7]
(06-26-2016, 04:02 AM)leo33wii Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 03:53 AM)Dan Wrote: Are the gym leaders exclusive to version you play too? Like 8 on one version, and the additional 8 others when you unlock the opposite region?

initially sorta yes. you'll be able to speak with them, but wont offer to battle until after the elite 4. then all gym leaders would be available to rematching and etc.

Also, gym leaders you beat would reward your pokemon with ribbons. These ribbons would boost base stats outside of EV and IV training. However, a pokemon can only receive a ribbon once from a gym leader. If you rematched the gym leader with a new team except for one, than all the other pokemon on your team receive that ribbon.

Your pokemon can only have 8 of the 16 Gym leader ribbons. Don't worry, they can be removed. So customization is an option.
Colored me intrigued. Sounds a lot better than the clliche formula the others have (Beat first gym or so. Villains make their presence known. Beat a few more gyms, fight villains. Beat 7th gym, final fight with villains. 8 gym, victory road, elite 4.)

And you did a fantastic job on the drawing of your friend.
Leo this is great! I love the thought you've put into all of it! I'm inspired thanks bro!