hearthstone
Well for one it's FREE
off to a good start
its a card game along the lines of yu-gi-oh/magic except its based completely online, which allows it to have a bunch of cool interactions that would be hard to do in a physical game. it's also extremely well-designed, very fun to play, and is practically on every platform.
and yes its 'free'
when you put it that way is it one of those pay to win games

otherwise it sounds pretty cool i would be up for a game sometime, is it 1 vs 1?
(06-26-2016, 06:27 PM)chako Wrote: when you put it that way is it one of those pay to win games

honestly it kind of is
and yes its 1v1
What initially drew me in was how it handled its resources compared to MtG. In that game you had to stuff your deck with a bunch of stupid land cards(which acted as mana/fuel to cast spells and summon creatures) just to be able to participate in the game, and with my luck, I always ended up with way too much mana or not nearly enough.

Hearthstone sidesteps it by just giving both players a separate pool to cast from that slowly grew bigger with each round, and I thought that was extremely clever. Now every card in your deck was something useful and fun to play around with, and not obligatory flat swamp or mountain cards.

At least, that's how it was for me.
Im making a card game that uses cards to make "mana" when tapped. Simple example, there are cards you play for free but onced tapped they give 1 "mana" which slowly builds to stronger card that cost more. These cards sometimes offer better "mana" when tapped.
(06-26-2016, 06:00 AM)Yoshio Wrote: i play this game literally everyday

i have literally never seen this motherfucker online
I think he's a late-night guy
Yoshio was online a lot more in the past.

Also they need a 2v2 game-mode, not even for competitive play. Just for fun.
Discount Jontron
(07-09-2016, 05:45 PM)Celery Wrote: I think he's a late-night guy

SO AM I CELERY
I think he's a later night guy.

~And other faggotry~
im trying freeze mage for the first time ever today and DESTROYING everyone on wild. im like 7-0 so far. cant believe ive never played this - its so much fun.
ok just lost to a hunter. GOOD RUN THOUGH.
(06-26-2016, 06:00 AM)Ascaris Wrote: Akhil#1459

tex add me
(07-10-2016, 05:29 PM)Ascaris Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 06:00 AM)Ascaris Wrote: Akhil#1459

tex add me

K nigga
Discount Jontron
(07-10-2016, 05:20 PM)Ascaris Wrote: im trying freeze mage for the first time ever today and DESTROYING everyone on wild. im like 7-0 so far. cant believe ive never played this - its so much fun.

FREEZE MAGE IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

I used it to climb really high in season 1, but that was back when miracle rogue was disgustingly overpowered.
Discount Jontron
i mainly play priest. freeze mage is the bane of my existence too. also, you know, every other fucking deck in standard.
I don't even know what the hell standard competitive play is anymore. I've come across decks that make me think 'is that an actual viable competitive deck or am I just getting stomped by randoms'
Discount Jontron
i got tired of playing standard. its the same shit over and over again. you either join the pack of zoo or shaman or warrior or you get destroyed at any reasonable high rank. wild is so much more refreshing.
Shhh don't let the pro players hearing you say that, they'll call you a heretic
Discount Jontron
Hearthstone is p neat but I can't really stand playing constructed. Although I did grind to rank 2 last month trying to push to legend, at the expense of no fun. Arena's where the real game is.

Add me @ gbootoxide#1462
yeah i should play more arena