Default Skin
You just need to give me a longer image.

I have no idea how one would give it reactive gradient that would change with each page, that's beyond me.

But yeah, I extended it a bit from my sample image, but I can certainly shorten it again
(06-24-2016, 09:20 PM)Kirby Wrote: You just need to give me a longer image.

I have no idea how one would give it reactive gradient that would change with each page, that's beyond me.

Hmm, do you mean we could use a really long image of the honeycomb, and the code would center the gradient according to page length?  We would need a pretty big image for that, that may cause longer loading times.

Also, the honey color I used for my gradient differs from what you are using for the current background, but I think your looks a bit better, so I could make a new image that uses that one once people make a consensus on the current theme
Hmm.. this is a bit tricky.  Pretty much what we need is for the page to extend or shorten the background image based entirely on the user's resolution. (As having a small image wouldn't achieve the right look on larger resolutions, while having a larger image may not even feature the gradient portion of a larger background.)  I figure stretching and filling options would distort the background image crudely... I'll see if I can find something.
Definitely like the direction, keep up the good work guys. The logo blurs into the page though, should be more district.
[Image: m1wH6yc.gif]

(06-19-2016, 11:47 PM)Ascaris Wrote: if The Honey Bee Inn is a bee themed town then we're back to where we started.
Don't know if it's already been mentioned here, but on some of the themes, the logo isn't visible because of the background color, so if you want me to send over the logo in a different color, let me know
If we change to the lighter honeycomb texture, it might not be a problem
(06-25-2016, 03:05 AM)Uganda Pikachu Wrote: Don't know if it's already been mentioned here, but on some of the themes, the logo isn't visible because of the background color, so if you want me to send over the logo in a different color, let me know

Send the logo in white from the black theme
(06-25-2016, 03:05 AM)Uganda Pikachu Wrote: Don't know if it's already been mentioned here, but on some of the themes, the logo isn't visible because of the background color, so if you want me to send over the logo in a different color, let me know

Yeah for the black logo someone needs to make a white version of the logo.

I think Celery made that logo.

Also yeah, with a lighter background the contrast should be fine.

(06-25-2016, 03:10 AM)Kirby Wrote: Yeah for the black logo someone needs to make a white version of the logo.

I think Celery made that logo.

I made the original
Uganda Pikachu did indeed make the logo. I've mentioned it OFTEN
I've run into 2 'paradoxes' in the themes I have worked on so far.

Honey Bee: The same thing which makes the background for your profile page main box also colors a small box near the search bar, I can make that the same color has the header to get rid of the box, but then that makes the profile page look retarded.

Pokedream: The same thing which colors the first row on the main page dark blue is also the header of the post top page, search pop up, and quick reply box. So I can either have the main page look fantastic and all the rest look a bit off, or all the header thing look good, or the first page look like shit.

I just felt like I needed to post these before someone complained about them. I cannot fix these unless I compromise.

I've noticed that, for the Honey Bee theme, the brownish color still exists where the top banner would be, so if it takes a while to load because of a slow connection or something, it will show momentarily. The same brown also appears at the bottom of the page after posting a message. I would recommend just replacing it with the lighter honey-color since it's not supposed to be view anyways

Also, I will work on the PD theme's banner now
Can someone make the default theme the black one until we finish our honey bee one, the black theme is better the the current default
i actually agree
it is done

if you mean the honey bee one, i dont think its done kirby
... I made the black one the default for now

yeesh man

I need an opinion on this! Is this better than the current one?
[Image: scrollsbothways_honey.png]
(06-25-2016, 03:58 AM)Kirby Wrote: ... I made the black one the default for now

yeesh man

oh i already did that lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

lol

Good job Ascaris, keep up the good work
The skin looks good to me Celery, unless there are any objections, make a gradient one now

(06-25-2016, 03:18 AM)Kirby Wrote: I've run into 2 'paradoxes' in the themes I have worked on so far.

Honey Bee: The same thing which makes the background for your profile page main box also colors a small box near the search bar, I can make that the same color has the header to get rid of the box, but then that makes the profile page look retarded.

Can you take a snapshot of what you mean by "profile main box" and "small box near the search bar"?  I'm assuming the search box thing is this: [Image: moTns4G.png]... and forgive me if it's not as easy as I think it is (since is pretty much just a hunch), but you may be able to isolate the search thing in "theme10/global.css" via
Quote:.smalltext {
    font-size: 11px;
}

.largetext {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: bold;
}

fieldset {
background: #7ffff99;
    padding: 12px;
    border: 1px solid #000000;
    margin: 0;
}

replacing #7fff99 in the fieldset. I'm not entirely sure if this will work though, because I'm not sure what you mean by " profile page main box".