Default Skin
Should I mess wit the grey lines in the post area? They seem to work for me ascetically, but idk what other people think.

Honestly, it's great except for the clay color in the background
I actually like that color myself.

If someone else doesn't like it, I guess I will change that. Idk what color you want there then.

As Rayne said earlier, a solid color for the background isn't the best idea.  Maybe a honeycomb at the top (With potentially my banner  Wink ) that gradients into something solid?
I am thinking of something like this

[Image: yellow-orange-graph-paper-grid-1920x1080...0-f-20.svg]

but with hexagons instead of squares

Try it out.
[Image: m1wH6yc.gif]

(06-19-2016, 11:47 PM)Ascaris Wrote: if The Honey Bee Inn is a bee themed town then we're back to where we started.
that color is just awful. id personally go for a paler yellow. but i like the honeycomb idea.
Motion to make the PD style the default style for guests?
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
denied
(06-24-2016, 05:11 PM)Lord Wrote: Motion to make the PD style the default style for guests?

Hmmmmmmm.
[Image: m1wH6yc.gif]

(06-19-2016, 11:47 PM)Ascaris Wrote: if The Honey Bee Inn is a bee themed town then we're back to where we started.
As you've said, Dogar, the Honey Bee skin should be the default, the FACE of the new forum.  The PD skin is good, but is an acquired taste most suited for those who have fond memories of PD.  The Blastoise themed PD skin should be something more of a relic of the past instead of the glipse into the future.

Kirby, I like your work, but I am not digging the clay color.  Here is what I have in mind, and I'll walk through why I think this should be the FACE of The Honey Bee Inn.
[Image: forumlayout1.png]
Firstly, it has the honeycomb texture.  But to make it easier on the eyes, it gradiates into a honey color as it scrolls down.  The color, in my opinion, mixes well with the colors that Kirby has picked for the forum boxes.  Next, it has the great banner that Uganda Pikachu made.  Although I like the banner, I think the addition of the Combee next to it is important for the theme.  Combee would be a very good mascot, akin to the blastoise from PD.  Not only is it a pokemon, which calls back to our PD roots, it fits with the honey bee theme, AND it is a cute pokemon.  It gives off a friendly vibe of the forum (However true that may actually be).

So please guys, tell me what you think.  I am willing to do brainstorm and do rough mockups in order to get us the PERFECT face for our new forum.  The one I posted is in the right direction, I believe
i dig that a lot celery
its not perfect but its definitely in the right direction
I actually like that a lot (although I think the honey combs should go all the way down, but whatev)

I really have no idea how to implement that background however

I can make an image of the honeycomb that can tile seamlessly horizontally, which then gradiates into the #F9C323. If you know a way to just make the image appear at the top and then just repeats horizontally, it could definitely work.

Should I make the honeycombs bigger, so it seems lessy busy?
I can easily get the honey colm to go straight across the banner however, I don't know about the whole page however.

The way my bb processes backgrounds is weird, the top where the logo is is a different place then the rest.

I can do the repeating thing with css.
(06-24-2016, 07:32 PM)Celery Wrote: I can make an image of the honeycomb that can tile seamlessly horizontally, which then gradiates into the #F9C323.  If you know a way to just make the image appear at the top and then just repeats horizontally, it could definitely work.

Yeah this.

Just give me something without the ingratiate first however, I want to make sure I am doing this right.

Here is one with the gradient
[Image: honeycombrepeating.png]
Here it is without, for posterity
[Image: honeycombrepeatingbad.png]
And here is the banner
[Image: transparentbee.png]
I can make the honeycombs run further down before the fade away or I could make the transparency run longer if it needs changing
[Image: scrollsbothways.png]
This one will scroll both vertically and horizontally, in case we want to try fully tiling it

[Image: scrollsbothways_honey.png]
And here is one with a lighter color, in case anyone likes it
(06-24-2016, 08:14 PM)Celery Wrote: I can make the honeycombs run further down before the fade away or I could make the transparency run longer if it needs changing

Actually the opposite, if you want to get the design of what you had before, I would need what you have a short version lol.

I like the lighter tone.

By the way, I used your images celery if you want to check it out (and others)

(06-24-2016, 08:38 PM)Kirby Wrote: By the way, I used your images celery if you want to check it out (and others)

Ah, I like this change to the layout. This is much better than my suggested one... though I do have a problem.  It's probably just on my end, due to my resolution, but the background doesn't go down far enough.  So instead of the transparency part being near the bottom or middle, it's at the top. This leaves a large amount of the page, on my end, being just orange-yellow.
(06-24-2016, 08:57 PM)Dan Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 08:38 PM)Kirby Wrote: By the way, I used your images celery if you want to check it out (and others)

Ah, I like this change to the layout. This is much better than my suggested one... though I do have a problem.  It's probably just on my end, due to my resolution, but the background doesn't go down far enough.  So instead of the transparency part being near the bottom or middle, it's at the top. This leaves a large amount of the page, on my end, being just orange-yellow.

Yeah, for very long pages (Especially with ones with a ton of images), this could serve as an issue.  Perhaps it's possible to center the image with the gradient in the middle, and allow a seamless honeycomb above it, and the honey-yellow below it.  But that may be too much code to ask for as of now.

But yeah, great job, Kirby!  I am absolutely abysmal with code, but I am glad you were able to do a ton of the heavy lifting.  I would like to hear what the other members think before we consider changing to the lighter hue of the honeycomb, but if there's anything you want to suggest specifically, go ahead!