Pokemon Thread
You should pick up competitive once Sun/Moon comes out, I'm sure there will be a decent amount of beekeepers/innmates who will have it
You know what, sure. I'm down if you all explore it with me.

I think the issue I had with competitive battling was that no one was my friends on smogon and such, so it just became a heartless grind and I never meshed with the community there.

i'm definitely getting sun/moon, so let's definitely give competitive battling a go. i'm with it happy
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
I'll have to have a Vespiqueen on my team to celebrate the new age of foruming
I pretty much cheated my way through Alpha Sapphire by looking up Pokémon types and seeing which ones were effective and not and picking the right Pokémon so I could win battles and advance through the game. I stopped playing after my seventh badge for some reason, but I was really into it at the time I was playing it
In game, I just pick whatever Pokemon I like because otherwise that happens.

Wailord and Golem are shit for example, but they were on my team because I <3 them

Competitively however, I am the stall queen. I love my blobs.

I don't play competitively because I don't think I'm that great to do so. Even then, it's not really my thing.

(06-23-2016, 03:49 AM)Kirby Wrote: In game, I just pick whatever Pokemon I like because otherwise that happens.

Same for the most part. There were some Pokémon though that even though I used because they were essential to get through the game, they grew on me a bit
Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire were way too easy, to be honest. Especially with the new exp share which gives exp to all of your pokemon in your party, and the fact that many of the trainers had decreased pokemon levels from the originals (I think), you could basically use what you want with no hassle
(06-23-2016, 04:02 AM)Uganda Pikachu Wrote: I don't play competitively because I don't think I'm that great to do so. Even then, it's not really my thing.

We can teach you, we have the technology.

By the way, is Sun + Moon going to be another generation, or just part 3 of gen 6?

If its the later, I am excited to see what game play changes there are.

They already showed off 1v1v1v1 battles.
Pretty sure it's a new gen, since it has new starters

(06-23-2016, 04:24 AM)pichubro Wrote: They already showed off 1v1v1v1 battles.

The battle Royal Mechanic looks kinda lame tbh. Not really looking forward to the new titles like I was with X/Y.
Discount Jontron
Since we haven't had the discussion yet, which starter are you going to pick?
[Image: 2wuVv7r.jpg]
I'm picking the fire cat, because, cat.

I always choose grass first
Cool
I was going to pick Popplio because he was hated on so much (from what I've seen), but now I'm not really sure. Might still pick him because I usually go with water types
I kind of want to wait to see what they evolve into, but I am leaning towards Popplio myself
is this on the 3ds? im strongly considering getting one after i start my job. i miss playing pokemon
although, like my ds, pokemon is probably gonna be the only thing i use it for
Yep, on the 3DS!

It's kind of ironic that the Inn will probably have more Pokemon players than PD had for most of its life
My bug team still remains at the top of Lethbridge's Elite 4
Cool
Bug is definitely my favorite type. It's not great offensively, but bug pokemon tend to have the coolest designs and decent stats