Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
[Show Results]

2016 US Election

(06-28-2016, 05:51 AM)Nanaki Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 08:21 PM)WuTangInaMo Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 03:21 AM)Adriana Wrote: how did you guys feel about sanders j/w

I bought a hat Sad

I'm still hopeful that the FBI will indicte Hillary before the convention. Anyone know if Citizens United will be overturned soon? That would make it slightly better...

Except that the Obama administration said they would wait until after the election to press further into the possibility of a trial so that this can't happen.

In that case, as much as it pains me, I would vote for Hillary if Bernie was her VP. Bernie can just cross his arms and scowl at her everytime she does something with corporations.
Hillary is not going to pick Bernie as her VP. There is just waaay to much bad blood there, and he'd be pretty much impossible to work with, as much as I'd like him to be there. The most that we can hope for is Elizabeth Warren, because she has Bernie's rhetoric but she is actually willing to work with Clinton and the 'Establishment'.
Warren won't go for VP because of how necessary she is to the left in the senate.

Or, at least, I'd be blown away if she did. I have more respect for her to do that despite being pretty upset by her endorsing Hillary.
-.---.----..
In any case, I hope that at some point Warren will run for president itself, she would be fantastic.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/fb...obe-225102

Omg guys SHILLARY got away with it after all
Cool
what a WILD surprise

I'll be EQUALLY surprised when Blair gets away with his Iraq war crimes when the report comes out in 5 hours
What if CopperCab could run for President
Sanders endorses Hillary. RIP internet
Cool
Who cares, Katy Perry endorses Hillary. There goes my vote.

~And other faggotry~
what happened to jeb bush
(07-13-2016, 12:27 AM)Mondegreen Wrote: what happened to jeb bush

He polled terribly and lost big early so he pulled out early.

Also doesn't help that his last name was Bush and I didn't think the country would nominate another presidential family member again. Whoops.
-.---.----..
We should be a monarchy with the Bush family as our saviours.

~And other faggotry~
(07-13-2016, 12:53 AM)Nanaki Wrote: I didn't think the country would nominate another presidential family member again.

Maybe in the far-off future...
(07-13-2016, 12:53 AM)Nanaki Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 12:27 AM)Mondegreen Wrote: what happened to jeb bush

He polled terribly and lost big early so he pulled out early.

Also doesn't help that his last name was Bush and I didn't think the country would nominate another presidential family member again. Whoops.

i love how trump gives a derisive nickname to all his top challengers, but never did for jeb. he knew the bush name was the worst thing you can call someone.
Which is unfortunate because he seemed like the least offensive Bush yet.

Still thought he was a ding dong though. Just less calories.
-.---.----..
America loves a donger in all shapes and sizes

~And other faggotry~
What if that Bush also smoked the kush
omg, there are people who still think that Bernie Sanders is a presidential candidate that is actually in the race XD

I feel bad for these people

I'm voting for Beanie Sandie

~And other faggotry~
i'm voting for papa johns
Hillary ahd a really strong speech tonight. A bit hokey during the family parts, but she said exactly what she had to say about trump.
Cool
it was once that the left-wing was ever-despairing about the state of america. it was, as we all know, racist, unequal, excessive, declining, its old industrial centers burnt out and its growing ranks of long-term poor and unemployment creating a growing despondency and anomie in the population. the right, despite often being taken with absurd conspiracy theories, would be more in tune with the ethos of "things aren't that bad, get over it, this is AMERICA!".

this election cycle has switched these polarities.
elaborate
the left wing press often criticizes trump's rhetoric as being pessimistic. it's hilarious how often you see liberals nowadays say "america is already great!" pointing out the great problems of modern america used to be more a liberal thing -- that post-industrial economics were engendering entrenched inequality leading to high crime and fractured communities, that inequality was accelerating, that the rich were growing increasingly detached from the general population while at the same time wielding more political power than ever before. trump's campaign touches on all these issues while the mainstream liberal and even many further-left responses to it are reagan-style american boosterism, "america is already great, if you don't like it it's your problem". reading enough left-wing publications of a large variety you'll see this.