Poll: WHO?
Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
[Show Results]

2016 US Election
even if trump becomes president a wall is not going to be built
(06-26-2016, 03:59 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm curious as to how the wall will be funded if Trump is president, and how will it be put up quick enough to be effective.

mexico will pay for it, of course
(06-26-2016, 04:03 PM)God Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 03:59 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm curious as to how the wall will be funded if Trump is president, and how will it be put up quick enough to be effective.

mexico will pay for it, of course

What's kind of funny is that the news actually interviewed the president of Mexico to see if he would pay for the wall.
I don't even know about anything anymore. I'm honestly so exasperated with this whole election, and really politics in general. There isn't any good option here, but one is clearly worse than the other, but for some reason so many people can't see that.
The Republican party must now reap what it hath sown. You spread blatant disinformation and link your party with anti-intellectualism, this is what happens. There is a common thread here, with the Brexit vote, European nationalism, etc. Etc.
Cool
But the alternative is the blatant corruption and equal disinformation of the Democrats. Hillary is a neocon Warhawk and I almost pity those pretentious third wave feminists who support her.
The wall that already exists is disturbing the local wildlife, and people use potato launchers to shoot drugs over it.

Trump's stupid ass wall is a waste of time, money and effort.

I don't know if national news covers it, but there are white people who spend their weekends sitting at the border with guns just waiting to see a brown person trying to cross so they can shoot them. I don't know why the border patrol doesn't send them home. Worst thing is that a lot of them bring their kids and brainwash them into thinking illegal immigrants are horrible people that want to take over America and make the southwest a drug-fueled Armageddon. Sigh.
trump is no less 'intellectual' than any republican, no less than clinton
uh im not sure how true that is
trump at least has some ideological substance, the other republicans and hillary clinton stand for nothing but for the continuation of all current social and economic trends which favor only the very rich.
You think trump's policies wouldn't favour the rich?
Cool
Have you seen Trump's tax plan? His supreme court picks? How do they in any way not favor the rich? Every single one of his proposed policies are completely unworkable. Literally the only thing he side with progressives on is being against trade. That's literally it, everything else he would do would certainly do nothing to fix the current power imbalances between the elites and everyone else.
It's not like trump is preaching any change to campaign finance either
Cool
I'm just going to be blunt here: Fuck Trump, and fuck Clinton. Neither are good, so it's like a "pick your poison" situation.
(06-26-2016, 07:49 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: It's not like trump is preaching any change to campaign finance either

he doesnt have anything in the way of policy but has made campaign finance a major theme of his campaign.
(06-26-2016, 07:46 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: You think trump's policies wouldn't favour the rich?

there is a mild chance he would support policies that favor the working class; with hillary there is no such chance.  especially trump's big speech against hillary clinton a couple days ago that was well publicized sounded promising in some aspects though of course there is plenty of ground to not take him too seriously.
(06-27-2016, 02:46 AM)God Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 07:46 PM)Slam Ander Wrote: You think trump's policies wouldn't favour the rich?

there is a mild chance he would support policies that favor the working class; with hillary there is no such chance.  especially trump's big speech against hillary clinton a couple days ago that was well publicized sounded promising in some aspects though of course there is plenty of ground to not take him too seriously.

But there is a nearly 100% chance that he will nominate a justice to the supreme court who will uphold things like citizen's united, whereas that is not the case with Clinton. The thing that everyone seems to forget is that no new laws are going to get passed by either party. The republicans will hold the house until hell freezes over, and the democrats aren't going to loose enough seats to give the republicans a supermajority (Although I shudder to think what could happen if they did. With that, they might even be able to pass constitutional amendments because of their control over so many state governments as well). The supreme court is really the only thing that matters here, and Trump's proposed nominees are about as conservative as they get.

No matter how bad you think Clinton and her neo-liberalism is, she is the only option if you favor progressive ideas in any way shape or form. They are not the fucking same thing.
I talked to a girl today who said she would vote for Trump. When I pressed the point, she said "because I'm irrational." I have no words.
Cool
(06-24-2016, 03:21 AM)Adriana Wrote: how did you guys feel about sanders j/w

Sanders is the main man

Don't you know ANYTHING?! He already said he's gonna make mexicano pay for it
(06-27-2016, 06:38 AM)Slam Ander Wrote: I talked to a girl today who said she would vote for Trump. When I pressed the point, she said "because I'm irrational." I have no words.

The un-abashed anti-intellectualism I see from Trump supporters scares me, to them, not going to college makes them more well rounded people, they revel in their own ignorance.

She is going to college to become a nurse
Cool
(06-24-2016, 03:21 AM)Adriana Wrote: how did you guys feel about sanders j/w

I bought a hat Sad

I'm still hopeful that the FBI will indicte Hillary before the convention. Anyone know if Citizens United will be overturned soon? That would make it slightly better...
Citizens united might be overturned... if hillary wins
Cool
Obama officially has endorsed Clinton, so I think she has the prospect of a presidential pardon from that