Brexit opinions?
so brexit is happening apparently

edit: yep confirmed
+ got some notification on my phone that the pound has dropped to lowest value since 1980
God damn it.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
History in the making folks.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
Other currencies are taking a severe hit as well, fuck sake.
The Dutch have just called an EU referendum as well.
This could literally be the beginning of the end.
this Geert Wilders guy is an ally of Marine Le Pen
so that's just lovely
S-So does anyone want to move to America?
This is KIND OF a huge event. Uhhhhh...
Looks like my postgraduate education will be somewhere up in the Nordic lands, just as I always dreamed...
I'm sure there are at least a couple people in the UK shaking their heads and saying "You've done it now, lads"
Yeah, roughly 50% of its entire population.
This is literally the most divided Europe has been since the Cold War, fucking hell.
(06-24-2016, 05:55 AM)Lord Wrote: This is literally the most divided Europe has been since the Cold War, fucking hell.

what do you reckon are the chances of the eu ceasing to be a thing within the next 5-10 years
(06-23-2016, 07:18 PM)Lord Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 06:59 PM)King Wrote: Kevin I'm looking into moving to your country if we actually leave

Also did you accept my new fb add?

Yes, why did you make a new one?

Got a 30 day ban on my main one
The pound is at it's lowest in 31 years.

Nice fucking job guys
oh wow David Cameron just resigned
Cameron's gone, guess there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.
(06-24-2016, 06:06 AM)Adriana Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 05:55 AM)Lord Wrote: This is literally the most divided Europe has been since the Cold War, fucking hell.

what do you reckon are the chances of the eu ceasing to be a thing within the next 5-10 years

Too soon, apparently a high-up French diplomat said no one will be allowed to leave as easily as the UK. The UK are in some serious trouble right now. But the Dutch want out, and Scotland will separate from the UK and rejoin the EU.

It's difficult to tell, but fifteen to twenty might be more likely. It'll be slow but catastrophic.
(06-24-2016, 07:30 AM)Lord Wrote:

Too soon, apparently a high-up French diplomat said no one will be allowed to leave as the UK. The UK are in some serious trouble right now. But the Dutch want out, and Scotland will separate from the UK and rejoin the EU.

It's difficult to tell, but fifteen to twenty might be more likely. It'll be slow but catastrophic.

I've seen a couple of calls for Irish Reunification post-Brexit results (Sinn Fein obviously) but isn't there like zero chance of that happening
(06-24-2016, 07:39 AM)Adriana Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 07:30 AM)Lord Wrote:

Too soon, apparently a high-up French diplomat said no one will be allowed to leave as the UK. The UK are in some serious trouble right now. But the Dutch want out, and Scotland will separate from the UK and rejoin the EU.

I've seen a couple of calls for Irish Reunification post-Brexit results (Sinn Fein obviously) but isn't there like zero chance of that happening

It will never happen.
The UK gives something like 7 - 13 billion every year to Northern Ireland to keep it functioning, we don't want that sort of debt on our hands. That's the obvious obstacle. Then you have the nationalist/unionists eminent disagreements (and by disagreements I mean it could get as bad as the troubles). At least half of the North don't want to belong to the Republic.
Take me with you
this really is an unbelievable shitstorm
(06-24-2016, 06:32 AM)King Wrote: The pound is at it's lowest in 31 years.

Nice fucking job guys

Just when you think you've made it out of the recession...