Brexit opinions?
It's been a while since I've peaked my head in here and I'm not sure if the political climate of PD had shifted or not. Are people here for/against?
-.---.----..
Seems like a bad idea economically to me, but I don't feel like I'm educated enough on the issue for my opinion to mean anything.
LEAVE
In the long term, the EU is pretty terrible and should not be a thing, but EU members and Obama (And probably Clinton by proxy) ensure that the UK leaving would seriously affect their business relationships, so it is a tough decision
i honestly dont know enough about the issue to have an informed opinion, but it seems to be that their best interest currently is to stay
I am personally against Balkanization and think this will be a bad decision in the long term if they leave. However, I can't exactly blame them for it, the European Union is in shambles.

I'm actually pretty against our national suicide pact and want to remain.
(06-21-2016, 07:58 AM)King Wrote: I'm actually pretty against our national suicide pact and want to remain.

I'm actually kind of surprised here, you always struck me as a British nationalist.

Maybe once, but I've changed a lot since my younger days and for the better.

Financially it's a stupid idea to leave, Socially it's a stupid idea to leave

In the long run it won't be us who suffer for it (I mean shit, it will, my generation will suffer first) but it'll be our children who really suffer. The baby boomer generation has fucked this nation up enough, they really should not even be allowed a say in this. As for the older generations, most of them don't have a clue what actually goes on with the EU, they just blindly trust a select few far right facebook posts and the Murdoch media. They too shouldn't be having a say in this, most of them will be dead before it all comes crashing down anyway.
the eu must be destroyed.
Even at the cost of the UK's livelihood?
by any means necessary.
God is truly a terrifying madman
(06-22-2016, 12:59 AM)God Wrote: by any means necessary.

Are you for the secession of Texas?
Well lads, looks like this is it. The reallocated firms Ireland would benefit from following Brexit going through do not outweigh how disastrous this would be for 1) the Irish economy and 2) the European Union as a whole. I might be very angry tonight.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
Kevin I'm looking into moving to your country if we actually leave

Also did you accept my new fb add?
Is emmigration from the UK a common thought in regards to this referendum?
(06-23-2016, 06:59 PM)King Wrote: Kevin I'm looking into moving to your country if we actually leave

Also did you accept my new fb add?

Yes, why did you make a new one?
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
(06-23-2016, 07:08 PM)Celery Wrote: Is emmigration from the UK a common thought in regards to this referendum?

Immigration and emigration. If the UK leave, it would mean lots of foreign nationals working in the UK would have to apply for work permits or residence and the big worry is not all would be approved, hence lives would be upturned, and people who greatly benefit businesses in the UK and the economy as a whole would have to move back to their original country or find work elsewhere. Not to mention it could mess up visa agreements for people from the UK with places like New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the U.S., etc. not just in terms of work but in terms of study opportunities as well as residence. Also there's the problem of trade borders being closed, and Northern Ireland and the Republic being more divided than it has been for over two decades.

It will be massively regressive for the globalised community.
(06-23-2016, 07:22 PM)Lord Wrote: It will be massively regressive for the globalised community.

bingo Cool
(06-23-2016, 09:25 PM)God Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 07:22 PM)Lord Wrote: It will be massively regressive for the globalised community.

bingo Cool

Sake.
Oh sweet Jesus this is looking bad.
Weren't they literally fighting in the water a few days ago?

:s