Final Fantasy
Technically they didn't start working on it until 2013, and Tabata has been hard at work after Nomura stepped down as director. Any footage before 2013 was a tech demo.
(06-21-2016, 05:11 AM)pichubro Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:00 AM)Adriana Wrote: i never typically buy games on release but i know i'm gonna be getting ffxv on the first day of release should i be able to

Hell yeah!

[Image: tumblr_inline_nkfuysL3hy1ritrvz.gif]

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/orig...-11lra.gif

I love this gif because the guy in the back looks totally rejected.
-.---.----..
I love the hell out of FFVII. The world really lets you seep into the story really well, and not a lot of games I can say have the ability to keep me engaged from that. VI and IX are my runner ups for favs.
Pairs:
Eve
Fallen Wings
Atomika
6 without a shadow of a doubt. 9 is a close second. Everything else ranges from kinda good (7,8,4,1,2) to fucking terrible (12, X-2, every variation of 13)
Here's what you need God, a VGA-to-RCA cable.  Then you can play on your CRT television
[Image: $_32.JPG]
It was brought up earlier in the thread but I think Tactics is arguably the best in the series, despite not being strictly a part of the numbered franchise.

6 and 7 are my favorites of the actual JRPGs, 9 is really good but just a little weaker imo. I didn't really enjoy many of the other ones, so I don't suppose I am in any position to speak on their quality. After 10 and 13 i'm not sure what to think of 15, even taking some new E3 footage and info into consideration - cautiously optimistic, I guess!
Tactics Advance, yall can suck my dick
Cool
Tactics advance? The one about small children and existential crisis? Where you play the "villain" destroying everyone's paradise so you can go back to the real world?

Meh it's okay
Fuckin rights its okay!!
Cool
(06-20-2016, 11:33 PM)God Wrote: 7 > 8 > 9 > 6 > 10 > Tactics > 4 > 1 > 5 > 2

This list is ABSURD by the way, 5 is pretty good
Finger
whats YOUR list then huh
5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > Tim > 2
Finger
FF12 is my favorite.

Yea yea laugh it up, I know it's bad but I love it. It feels like an mmo.

I think FF6 is objectively the best title though. Greatest story, best gameplay, best characters, I love it.
Discount Jontron
I've only played Final Fantasy Legends for the gameboy. I bought 7 on steam, but have never bothered to play it.
I hear it's good. I'm trying to play them in order, I'll eventually get to 7...
7 wins the academy award for the most angst in an RPG.
Discount Jontron
Isn't that 8? People seem to forget that Cloud is more business-y and cold than straight up angsty.

Meanwhile, Squall, and you don't need to say much more than that.

Even then, if we're taking other RPGs into consideration, holy shit Xenogears is pure angst for like the first ten fucking hours and I hated it
I've never played 8 or xeno gears, I guess my sample size is insufficient lel.
Discount Jontron
(07-01-2016, 03:51 AM)Osrali Wrote: Isn't that 8? People seem to forget that Cloud is more business-y and cold than straight up angsty.

Meanwhile, Squall, and you don't need to say much more than that.

Even then, if we're taking other RPGs into consideration, holy shit Xenogears is pure angst for like the first ten fucking hours and I hated it
Incoming spoliers for FFVII. X

Not quite, Cloud was putting on an act. He was trying to be the cool guy and trying to impress Tifa that he made it into SOLDIER when he really didn't. He did not have angst, but did suffer from make poisoning that caused him to act irrationally at times and messed with his memory. Tifa didn't help matters by encouraging his behavior. Cloud gets seasick on boats, is pretty laid-back, and has a soft spot, and game does a good job on humanizing his more silly side. And the first thing he did after Aeris died was go snowboarding lol
He suffers from PTSD, which is understandable considering what he went through, and most people confuse this with "angst".

MEANWHILE in FF8 Squall goes "Waaah, I go to an awesome school, have a relatively good life and have a somewhat-girlfriend, but I'm going to bitch about it anyway and adults are LOSERS and they don't understand my suffering!"

Squall is the perfect tsundere girl.
Anyone here play FFXIV.
[Image: QsVKEbv.png]

My catgirl needs friends.
I made a new character on the gay server if anyone wants to find me.
Beach party.

[Image: 1awpnNm.png]