game of thrones
i could see them killing tyrion off. i give very few fucks about him at this point. hes had zero character development since he killed his dad on the shitter. half his scenes last season were telling jokes to dimwits.
As far as I've seen, he's at the top of all the fan favorite lists.

~And other faggotry~
so were ned, robb, margaery, oberyn, etc
admittedly not as popular, but its not like how beloved a character is has stopped the show from swinging its axe. and tyrions less relevant now than hes ever been. although i guess now that hes officially 'hand' that changes things somewhat.
Nothing bad ever happens to the hand of the king/queen so he'll be fiiiine. Speaking of characters though wow did they do nothing with Rickon. He just tagged along with Bran and then the writers just kill him so Jon has a reason for charging into the Bolton army. He didn't even have any lines for this season.
I mean, for a while there, I forgot who Ricon was so out was probably better off.

I also thought Bran's uncle popping up was weird and unnecessary.

~And other faggotry~
(07-10-2016, 07:09 AM)Euclid Wrote: Nothing bad ever happens to the hand of the king/queen so he'll be fiiiine

you mean apart from being poisoned or having your head chopped off for treason or getting murdered by your son while taking a dump?
i just realized that was probably sarcasm. man i really need to go to bed.
I don't watch Game of Bones.

Not because there's a shit ton of dick in it, just not a fan of the show or the books.

But I never really gave it much of a chance, stopping halfway through the first episode (Which I don't even remember) and 9 pages into the book (Which I also don't even remember)
Discount Jontron
The plot twist at the end of the first episode is usually the hook to see if you'll be into it or not do by not finishing it, you'll never know how you'll gauge it.

~And other faggotry~
(07-10-2016, 08:01 AM)Tex Wrote: Not because there's a shit ton of dick in it

theres barely any
i'm a dirty book reader who had to be bullied into watching the latest season cause i wanted to avoid book spoilers

was happy to see that they went back and covered some stuff from the books that they skipped last season. I really want the book to come out now so I ca see if some of the cooler stuff from this season made it in or not! lol.
Finally finished Season 6
Cool
my bet is baelish dies in season 7. he seems pretty expendable now that he know his goal and how ludicrous it is
But he's needed to progress Sansa's growth and rise in taking the iron throne

~And other faggotry~
I get the feeling Baelish will end up being The Starscream in some way, probably to Cersei. There is no way he gets 6 seasons of being the "most dangerous man in Westeros" without some kind of last power grab in Season 8.
Cool
Starscream has its own Game of Thrones section on TVTropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Th...IceAndFire
Cool
If anyone is going to die next season, it's going to be Ser Davos
Cool
I watched the first five seasons and found it incredibly boring. I want to enjoy GoT but drama is one of my least favorite genres and I sort of thought that there would have been more fantasy elements to keep it interesting.

But no, it's all people talking about other people and I have a hard time following names. :/ I could watch something like BBC's Merlin series because it had more action and humor with the dramatic moments. GoT is all "omg here comes a dramatic moment/character death followed by some bumblefucks doing something that will probably end badly until we reach our next dramatic moment!"

I kinda liked Season 1 before it was every episode trying to be the next "big thing" since the red wedding.

And the "everyone dies" trope is a bit overplayed in GoT, I've seen shows with way higher death counts. Haha
I like it because the dialogue is very stimulating. By using basic goals of moral ambiguity, the show is able to create endless scenes of people working towards their goals while still creating a sense of suspense. Really, it's a low fantasy soap opera. But the quality of production and writing, the interesting aspects of the setting, and the well-developed characters make GoT its own genre.
Cool
Also, I think discounting GoT's "death count" because it's less than some shows is unfair. The reason it stands out in GoT is because deaths are sudden and seemingly arbitrary - they exist solely to raise the stakes and advance the plot, unlike deaths in, say, Attack on Titan, which are there to add emotional context.
Cool
(08-14-2016, 10:24 AM)pichubro Wrote: I kinda liked Season 1 before it was every episode trying to be the next "big thing" since the red wedding.

Also also I think this is entirely untrue, and just a projection of audience expectation. I don't get this sense at all.
Cool
Pretty sure the genre is drama Tongue

I was just making a joke about how I always hear the dumb meme of "If George R. R. Martin wrote Lord of the Rings, only Frodo would still be alive!" kind of thing where I'm wondering if people ever watch shows that do kill off main characters as those this is such a shock. I've seen plenty of MC death outside of GoT like Silver Fang, Berserk, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Gundam, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, etc.

I kinda just want to see battles more than talking but that's a personal preference to me preferring action to be fair.
It's FANTASY SERIAL DRAMA excuse me
Cool
I'll also point out that every example you gave of character death is Japanese. For most Westerners, GoT's constant MC death is something new that raises the stakes much higher than most Western dramas.
Cool