server upgrade
not sure if you guys have noticed but we've been having a lot of issues with the server going down for minutes at a time in addition to the weird caching stuff thats been going on.

moving to x10's premium hosting plan would probably solve a lot of these issues permanently, but it costs about 7 dollars a month. i could foot the bill for the first month but id really rather not pay the entirety of the costs myself. are people willing to pitch in a couple bucks each month to make the forum run far smoother? i can set up a paypal account or something for people to donate to.

if thats too much to ask for then ill consider moving to a better free host because x10's free tier sucks monkey balls.
or a third alternative

polly Wrote:lmao x10 is ass. i'm looking to buy paid hosting soon anyway, so if you're on board i'd have no problem giving you some housing and whatnot.
I will help by donating monthly

But if polly gets hosting and puts us on his that would be cool, and I will donate to him too. I just want to help

Hey it would be cool if when you double post it didn't suck it up into the next post

Like how the fuck can i post farm like this
who is law?
wtf no double posts? no, i wont stand for this.
laws khaos
i disabled the flood detector but it looks like it merges instead
Not fair God can double post but I can't
test
test1
test2
test3
should work now, postfarm to your hearts delight
nice.
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
and that'd be nice khaos. i'm considering a dreamhost vps (15/m) just so i have my own resource pool for my web projects and whatnot, which for this forum means more resources (bandwidth, disk usage, etc.) to spare and less instances of upgrading and all that maintenance bs.
Yeah I don't mind, Ifor it's 15 I can do half or what not, I make enough to spend that a month on this.
I trust faltzer.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
yeah id definitely be able to pitch in a few bucks as well faltz
getting a vps would be great.
x10 just sucks so much. even uploading the pd database took forever because of their dumb size restrictions.
sounds good guys.  i'll buy the VPS on Wednesday.  if you guys want to send any money, just send it to my paypal. PM me for details.
Yay team, I gotta dig up pay pal account stuff and probably get a app. Haven't really used it much so it might be a day or two for me.
why not aws? they have a free tier. might take more setup but aws is amazing.
eh not really worth it imo. more flexibility with vps, even though cloud computing is great.
well technically theres more flexibility with aws but i dont care enough to argue this. vps is good.