Forum Design/Skin
lol idk. i've never been to honey bee inn in the games, but this article may shed some light
[Image: KyOqqFO.jpg]
Quote:Honey Bee Inn is a brothel where the girls wear bee outfits

hahah

ok im down
So I guess Honey Bee Inn is go?
yes sir
do you have any experience making forum skins too? someone with your artistic inclinations could probably make a dope theme
(06-20-2016, 12:12 AM)Ascaris Wrote: do you have any experience making forum skins too? someone with your artistic inclinations could probably make a dope theme

Not exactly, but I think if I look into how it can be made, I think I'll be fine
I'll give you permissions to edit templates in a little bit
(06-20-2016, 12:28 AM)Ascaris Wrote: I'll give you permissions to edit templates in a little bit

coolioz
there you go
i know kirby and celery expressed interest in this. you'll be given access to the themes section of the acp, and a fancy new red username - see: uganda pikachu. if youre not actively making a theme ill remove you from the post so this isnt just for kicks.
I'd be willing to give it a shot, I have an image in mind, but keep in mind I am not a graphic design person. It might look bad for a period until we tweak it right.

I imagine Uganda Pikachu will be the main main in this endeavor, he has more artistic background.

I think if this whole theme/site design thing is going to be a coordinated effort, we should at least have some kind of group chat so we can offer ideas, comments, or whatever

In my case, I'd need to look over on exactly how to set the theme up right and then I think I'll know what to do from there
I think you guys might be underestimating the difficulty of this.
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
(06-20-2016, 03:20 AM)Uganda Pikachu Wrote: I think if this whole theme/site design thing is going to be a coordinated effort, we should at least have some kind of group chat so we can offer ideas, comments, or whatever

In my case, I'd need to look over on exactly how to set the theme up right and then I think I'll know what to do from there

Message me up on facebook so we can hash it out.

(06-20-2016, 03:24 AM)Lord Wrote: I think you guys might be underestimating the difficulty of this.

haha yeah they might. but i have faith in uganda pikachu!
I feel like I should make a test forum out to mess with the options without fucking things up here. I can make another forum like this for free right?

do it here kirby. you can make a theme that only you can see.
I seem to be having the issue that the skin colors don't update automatically (same issue with posts) but much longer, I will make a change and only like half an hour late does it pop up.

I think I am going to need to try out stuff on another forum because this is too annoying.

the other forum wont be any different. the issue is your browser caching things. do a hard refresh whenever you make a change so your browser deletes its cache.
also if you dont know how to deal with ftp/databases/hosting, you wont be able to set up a forum like this. the websites that create mybb boards on the fly (like createmybb) typically use older/modified versions of the software.
Yeah I noticed that, I will do that hard refresh I guess.

You are right that this is a pain lol.

I would like to make a banner for now. Any size requirements?
I'd talk to Uganda Pikachu about that, that's his area.

The hard refresh isn't working, I think its that and the forum being buggy.

Alright, I can make a prototype in the meantime, just to get some ideas out there