Did Iraq actually have WMDs?
What do you think? Personally, I think yes and no.

Yes, they had them. No, they were of no threat. They were likely given to them by us or developed some time around the first gulf war. By 2003 they would not be usable anymore.
"I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
I?ll bring you to your knees
Ebb and flow with my desire
Cause its all that you?ve been taught to be
I remember they did find a few cannisters of nerve gas or something.
[Image: original.gif]

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.
Yeah but they never said how old it was. That stuff does have a shelf life. Plus, chemical weapons like nerve gas aren't really WMDs. You can kill more people with a conventional missile than a barrel of that stuff. Sure it'd be hell in a subway station but it's not gonna level a city.
"I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
What difference would it make if Iraq had WMD or not? Their not the only ones that have them.
[Image: 1-2.jpg] [Image: 3-2.jpg]
*Both Made by Ph3nom*

[Image: BlueRoguesSig.png]

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn?t That Make Us Godly.
Considering it's the entire reason we invaded the nation, if they didn't it'd be proof the government lied to mobilize us into war. Granted this is nothing new, and granted no one would listen, but it's something we need to establish.

Here I am with my empire
TeenageAngst Wrote:Considering it's the entire reason we invaded the nation, if they didn't it'd be proof the government lied to mobilize us into war. Granted this is nothing new, and granted no one would listen, but it's something we need to establish.

You?re forgetting oil.

The government has a number of ways to influence media content. I doubt the government will tell us the truth or admit their mistakes.
*Both Made by Ph3nom*

With These Hands, I Can Take Life. With Our Body We Can Make Life. Doesn?t That Make Us Godly.
Hero Wrote:You?re forgetting oil.

The government has a number of ways to influence media content. I doubt the government will tell us the truth or admit their mistakes.

I find the need for a head being repeatedly banged into a brick wall smiley to be surmounting as the days pass
Octazooka Wrote:globs of wet snow raining on me
Echolalia Wrote:I find the need for a head being repeatedly banged into a brick wall smiley to be surmounting as the days pass

What was even the point of that comment.
*Both Made by Ph3nom*

no
Yes we can!
Thumbsup
Hero Wrote:You?re forgetting oil.

Oil is a factor in this war as much as slavery was in the civil war. That is, it's a small part of a much larger issue.

Here I am with my empire
the war itself is a massive corporate orgy of profit-guaranteed government contracts. it IS all about money, but not just oil money.
Echolalia Wrote:I find the need for a head being repeatedly banged into a brick wall smiley to be surmounting as the days pass

[Image: 1898_.gif]
Can we add this smiley?
Cool
Please
And call it :wmd:
(01-27-2009, 08:40 PM)God Wrote: the war itself is a massive corporate orgy of profit-guaranteed government contracts.  it IS all about money, but not just oil money.

Apart from oil and post-industrial military defence contracts, what other money is involved?
Quote:Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."
I can def say that they did.
Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]